2011’s Social Media World Forum Europe attracted 4,000 marketers, consultants and social media enthusiasts to the Olympia Conference Centre in London, summing up 2011 as the year of companies beginning to understand what their goals should be in social media. The biggest change over 2011 was that at the start of the year most of the big FTSE-100-type companies were virtually non-existent on Facebook. And 2012 will see many brands increase budgets dedicated to social at the expense of other media.
To address these issues and guide you on how to use social media to your best advantage, a team from Facebook Developer Garage London will be at SMWF this year and featuring in the FREE TO ATTEND Marketing Tech Track to present workshops on successful Facebook campaigns and to handle delegate queries related to the Facebook Platform. This will be led by Geoff Hughes and Candy Chen Shuhui from Social Clay.
- Getting out of first gear: an overview of what the core and advanced Facebook ecosystem consists of. If you're not using all these tools that Facebook provides you are running inefficiently.
- Measuring today to prepare for tomorrow. Set your objectives and allocate budget to measuring these key performance criteria before you start. You are now in a position to understand which parts of your initiative worked out and which bits did not.
- Next period planning: Using the collection of stats you can now be more scientific in your approach. Use yesterday's data to plan tomorrow's initiative. We take a look at what worked and what did not to give you a head start.
- Sean Parker said in ‘The Social Network’: "You don't want to ruin Facebook with ads because ads aren't cool." Fast-forward to 2012, ads are everywhere on Facebook, so can we make ads cool?
You will need to register for FREE to attend the workshop. This will also provide you access to the Marketing Tech Tool Box featuring speakers from BBC, Pizza Express, Microsoft and the full exhibition.
FDGL workshop times:
- Tuesday 27th March, 11:15 – 11:45
- Wednesday 28th March, 11:10 – 12:10
We hope to see you there!
- Hammersmith Road
- London ,
- Postal Code:
- W14 8UX
Olympia is a selection of exhibition halls, conference centres, corporate event and public event venues in central London.
Geoff is our Treasurer. He's responsible for financing each of our events, which would not be possible without the long term support of our awesome sponsors. Geoff joined the committee in October 2007 shortly after the Facebook Platform was launched. He designed and created the first eCommerce application on Facebook and has advised some of the world's biggest brands on their approach to social commerce, a.k.a. 'f-commerce'. He trades as SocialMediaGuy.co.uk.